Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day 9: Selfish

selfish ˈselfiSH/ adjective

(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Yesterday seemed so perfect for you. The travel to NYC was probably a little more than you had bargained for, but not unmanageable. At the end of the day, you were 100% happily settled in with Kristy and Chris at their beautiful apartment. Today started off wonderfully for you again! You were able to sleep in, have some alone time, and then patiently make your way to Crossfit Solace. However, during the day, you ran into an issue with Steve. I don't mean to bring up a memory from the trip, that you hopefully already put out of mind. I realize that you will be nearly a month and a half removed from the situation, by the time you read this blog post. I don't want to deviate too far from the topic WOD. The stories you were telling me about Steve got me thinking. The guy seems to be very into himself. Oddly enough, we are all that way to an extent. You have mentioned before that you are aware of your mildly selfish nature, but when there is someone selfish around you - it has a great effect on you. I really hope that two things come out of this. 1. I hope that you are able to get through the next five weeks with Steve (and his increasingly formidable attitude). 2. I hope that you are able to learn from his attitude and his behavior, (and everything else for that matter),  and bring it into your life back at home. I am not saying that you are selfish or unruly by any means, but I think there is always something to learn from everything you are experiencing. :)


Until later, 

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment